Friday, May 2, 2008

First Greenhouse Trip

My annual trip to Honeymoon Acres always takes place the weekend before Mothers Day. The calendar proclaims that spring is here, but if you walk outside that is certainly not the case. As soon as I walked into the huge greenhouse my spirits lifted. The colors, the scents were a banquet for my senses. I purchase most of my plants for my pots at this greenhouse. The quality, size, and price of their product out does anything I can get in Appleton. Their assortment of coleus, is the largest around. A low maintenance plant that delivers. A lot of bang for your buck.
Coleus as far as the eye can see.
Nice bench with some nice planters.
This planter was priced at $130. I have some old green planters something like this. Mine are not as tall. I noticed they have three layers of holes drilled on the sides and front of the pot. I am going to try drilling two layers of holes and see if I can get something close to this. I think they would look good on my front steps. I will post updates on my process in this project.
Some more potted planters. This place does an awesome job on their planters.
I want this by my pond!! I always accept gifts if anyone is so inclined to buy me this. ;-)
I REALLY WANT THIS!!! SHE IS HEAVY AND BEAUTIFUL.
I was surprised she only cost $289.00
I never had any other desire so strong, and so like to covetousness, as that one which I have had always, that I might be master at last of a small house and a large Garden. ~Abraham Cowley

No comments: