Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Incredible Hulk tames my garden.

Well, I got all the plants I wanted to save, out of the flower bed I am re-doing and then used the weed trimmer to get the rest under control. You should have seen me, I looked like the incredible hulk...I was covered from head to toe with green juice from the plants. The bed was finally dry..I thought....but the plants were holding on to all the water. Just as I was finished, a salesman for the cable company walked up the driveway. I thought ok..make me mad and I will really become the hulk (I hate having to deal with salesmen and telemarketers) But of course he commented how nice my yard looked and he enjoyed the fish in the pond...how could I be mad? I told him the boss (Mike) decides on TV issues. I don't watch that much TV myself. So he left me with a flyer to give to the boss and I was back to my being the swamp monster. I am just glad it is done. Now Mike can use the Round-up on what is left, then I can till and start planning the stone pathway. I can't wait to get all my plants back in the ground.

Bruce Banner: There are aspects of my personality that I can't control. And when I lose control, it's very dangerous to be around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a koi pond in the summer? Julie put in a pond last year, but I am not sure if it was a koi pond or just gold fish. She says they go into "suspended Animation" in the winter. When they thaw in the spring, the fish come alive. I would love to have a fish pond, but honestly, I don't know where I would put one!