I got this idea from Flea Market Gardening's Facebook page to use a mailbox in the garden to hold your tools. Easy access. I found this mailbox at the Habitat ReStore Store for only $8.00...it even came with the post. Of course, I had to glam it up a little. I added the top piece (a Goodwill find for $1.19) Some plastic edging that was cut down and painted white. Of course the crowning jewel is the nob I got at Hobby Lobby at 50% off. Adding a bracket to hold my weeding pail. Can't wait to get the wash tub planted I used as a base. It puts the crowing touch on The Lady Lounge.
Wash tub that was painted using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
Some old pails, painters tape and Annie Sloan Chalk paint will make some very charming pots to use in our garden.
I still want to add some words to these and then lightly sand them to age them. Have not decided what I will plant in them yet. I will update this posting when I do get them planted and displayed in our garden.
What does one do with old garden tools and a old hose? What else...make a garden themed wreath. I have seen many of them on Pinterest. I decided to make mine a little different. I cut the hose in two different lengths and used clear silicone to glue the coiled sections together. One section was smaller then the other one. Then I glued the smaller section on top of the larger one. Then I added some old tools and items I picked up at the thrift store.
Meet Miss Sugar Tin Lizzy...I had so much fun making her. It all started
after seeing a stack of pans in my glass studio..and I thought...that
looks like a metal petticoat...thus the process started and she was
born! Her first name is Sugar, because it is printed on her back...her
body is made from a sugar canister. This is not so much a tutorial but pictures as she was created. If anyone makes one..please share your
pics...I would love to add them to the blog to show off your work also. Of course I will give you full credit. Email pic to firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Sugar Tin Lizzy
Some of the parts we used..(we did not use the items in the box)
HEAD: These four pieces are bolted together using a threaded rod.
HAT: The top of her hat is glued using E6000 glue
HAIR: I used small springs I got off of a old bed spring I took apart.
EYES: Teal gems and small forks curled for her eyelashes
BODY: Canister and pipes and elbow pieces I got at Home Depot (by the water pipes)
HANDS: Used forks for her hands
HANDS: Curled her fingers to hold her flowers.
LEGS: We used these to secure the legs to the bottom pan and the platter we used for a stand. I don't know what they are called but we found them by the conduit at Home Depot. (we drilled the hole in them)
Here they are attached to the pan. The conduit we used for legs slide over these and holds them very tightly.
We used threaded rod, washers and locking nuts to put the pans together
Here she is half way done.
SHOES: Small ladles with handles cut off. We glued these to the platter using E6000.
She ended up being just over 34 inches tall. We thought she needed some reinforcement. We added a stake to her backside to to help her stay nice and straight.
First day of gardening. Well, not really gardening...but the garage is cleaned out and the Lady Lounge is emptied. I need to give it a good cleaning yet. But enough for one day. I consider my Garden 2014 is ON...I had my first drink in the Lady Lounge. I look forward to this year and sharing my garden with so many on the Garden Walk.